Summit Orthopaedics in Portland, Oregon
Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction
The Ilizarov method was developed in Russia starting in the 1950’s and brought to Europe and the United States in the 1980’s. Professor Ilizarov pioneered the principles of bone growth and regeneration, and developed an elaborate external fixator system to use his biologic principles to treat most orthopaedic conditions.
Over the past two decades, technology has given us new tools, such as computer-assisted external fixation systems and internal bone lengthening nails, and new types of procedures.
At Summit Orthopaedics, we utilize time-tested Ilizarov methods, new technology, and our own research to treat conditions including:
- Tibia Nonunions and malunions
- Femur Nonunions and malunions
- Limb Length Inequality
- Bone Defects and Loss
- Congenital Lower Extremity Deformity in Teens and Adults
- Ankle Arthritis with Distraction Arthroplasty
- Salvage of Ankle Replacement Surgery